What habits affect your health? After studying many different types of people over the years, health experts have identified certain habits that can make a difference in peoples lives. Those who practice these life-related habits, or lifestyle factors, appear to live longer and stay happier.
Thes habits include the following:
- Eating three meals a day, each at a regular time.
- Never missing breakfast
- Getting 8 to 9 hours of sleep each night
- Avoid tobacco, drugs and alcohol
- Staying at a recommended level of weight
- Doing vigrous exercise at least 3 to 4 hours each week
Fitness and your health
Many people think of fitness, like health, in purely physical terms. They think fitness means being in good shape or being able to play a sport well. But fitness has more than just a physical side. When you are fit, you are ready to handle whatever comes your way from day to day.
Benefits of fitness
- Helps you be at ease with yourself and sure of yourself.
- Gives you more energy and helps you keep your weight down.
- Prepares you mentally, physical, emotionally and socially for the ups and downs of life.
- Increase your chances of succeeding in whatever tasks you take on and helps you feel confident.
- Helps you to manage stress and have more fun.
Key to fitness
An important key to fitness is exercise. Regular exercise gives you added energy and helps you fight disease and illness. It also makes you look and feel better. In general, it improves your sense of well-being. Being fit has many benefits. The most important one is that you feel good about yourself. When you feel good about yourself, you are more likely to make healthy chioces.
Below are the exercise’s you can try at home: